Looking for a Visiting Glass Prof
Alfred University School of Art and Design Visiting Assistant Professor- Glass (Sabbatical Replacement) (The Image is one of Karen Donnellan's Wall Pieces) https://alfreduniversity.applytojob.com/apply/60Ks65zynw/Visiting-Assistant-Professor-Of-Glass?referrer=202104121636152IOM1WT3Y10FSLJT The Division of Sculpture/Dimensional Studies at the School of Art and Design, New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred University, is seeking candidates for a full-time one-year Visiting Assistant Professor position of Glass for the 2021-22 academic year. The successful candidate will teach both introductory glass and advanced courses in glass casting and kiln forming, as well as working with graduate students in our cross-disciplinary MFA program. Applications are invited from artists and educators with expertise in glass casting and kiln forming.
· Teaching one sophomore level Introduction to Glass Class and one Junior level Glass Casting/Kiln Forming course,
· Advising individual research and professional practices at the senior and graduate levels.
· Participation in divisional faculty meetings, collaborating with other faculty, technicians, and students to maintain the glass facilities, and active engagement in professional research.
· The successful candidate will also serve as the Co-Director of the National Casting Center.
The Sculpture/Dimensional Studies Division is one of six divisions at the School of Art and Design at Alfred University. The Sculpture/Dimensional Studies Program consists of six full-time faculty that draw on a diversity of conceptual and technical approaches to offer an expansive educational experience. The program is grounded in a material tradition while simultaneously promoting creative study challenging the ever-expanding field of sculpture. Whether students are engaged with installation, performance, social interaction, glass, metal, neon, wood, paper, or found objects, they can access extensive facilities and dynamic curricula that represent the breadth and depth of contemporary sculptural practice.
· Letter of interest
· Teaching philosophy including a diversity statement (500 words max)
· Artist statement (300 words max)
· 20 images of creative research with image information
· 20 images of student work with image information
· Contact information for three references
(Document must be under 10MB)